Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
The numbers generated by this widget come from RANDOM.ORG's true random number generator.
Tweets by @abcict
Internet Safety for Parents
Feedjit Live Blog Stats
Garage Band on the iPads
Garageband works very similarly in the iPad as it does in the computer; with a few key differences, which make composing music actually easier and more intuitive in the iPad editing environment.
When you first open the program, you have to choose to make a new song or continue working on a previous session.
Garageband is divided into 3 main editing screens;
The Tracks Window
, which allows you to see all the instrument tracks stacked together;
The Instrument Window
, which allows you to free play and compose in any virtual instruments;
The Note Edit Window
, which allows you to alter the position and length of every note which you have recorded.
Starting a Recording
1. Choose New Song (+ sign in upper left hand side of screen to start a new song)
2. Choose an instrument with which to begin recording; usually a good place to start is the Smart Drums Virtual Instrument
3. In the Smart Drums Instrument Window, drag and drop the elements which will make up the percussion of your song in. You will notice if you change the position or roll the dice, the iPad will automatically update the rhythm of your drums.
4. Once you're happy with your arrangement; press the Record button (red circle) to start putting down your drum track in the Tracks window.
5. Stop recording by pressing the On/Off Switch on the instrument, or by pressing the Record button once more.
6. Switch back to Tracks View to look at your recorded drum track. You can double click any track and choose 'Edit' to enter the Note Edit Window
7. Once you're happy with the drums, repeat the same process with any other instruments you might want to add; there is a large variety of instruments and sounds which are
available in Garageband in the iPads
Remember to Share and Export to get your song off the iPad!
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"